COVID-19 is a disease caused by a virus first reported China in 2019.COVID-19 word is a combination of CO, VI, and D, where ‘CO’ stands for Corona ’VI’ for Virus and ‘D’ for Disease and its first case was reported in 2019,So the word COVID-19 came into existence. The new Virus is thought to be transmitted from animal to human spillover event linked to seafood and live animal market. The infection is outbreak locally in Wuhan province and then it was transmitted elsewhere in china and outside world. Despite all the strict measures taken by Chinese Government, the rate at which this virus spread all round the world is quite alarming. This Virus has caused millions of deaths all round the world and also taken economies to stand still position.
Pakistan’s COVID-19 cases rose up to 423,179 on Tuesday December -8 after 2,885 new cases were detected in the past 24 hours across the country. Pakistan death toll rose up to 89 in last 24 hours. The number of deaths were recorded at highest in last five months as country is facing second wave of COVID-19 as data issued by National Command and Operations Center Pakistan. Both Sindh and Punjab recorded 41 deaths while KP experienced six deaths and one in Azad Kashmir, Balochistan and Gilgit Baltistan reported no death in past 24 hours. With 2,885 new infections, 44,218 active cases, Pakistan is experiencing 8.55% infection rate which is highest up till now. Patients are under critical care 2,486 with 336 ventilators. As the case positivity has touched the peak of 8.55% all over Pakistan and in Karachi prevalence observed is 21.8 %,followed by 18.31 % in Mirpur 16 % in Muzaffarabad. Hyderabad ‘s positivity rate has fallen to 9.15 % and Lahore’s to 5.98% while Rawalpindi recorded 8.51 %. Overall Sindh has the highest positivity rate of 13.87 %, AJK is second at 9.77 %,closely followed by KP at 9.67 % while Balochistan reported 8.68 %,Islamabad 4.88 %,Punjab 4 % and GB 2.78 % of the tests conducted in last 24 hours. The country has new recoveries reported are 13,392 in past 24 hours and 12,214 of which are from Punjab raising a total recoveries of 370,474 in total.
Updated on Tuesday 8th December :
Data Provided by NCOC
|Provinces||No of Deaths|
Total Number of Deaths = 89
Test Positivity Report in Different Cities of Pakistan:
We can avoid COVID-19 by following the strategy recommended by the EU until the Vaccinations are widely available.
The strategy focuses on:
- Physical distancing and limiting social contact are key to avoid the virus. Governments should take in consideration that the virus is spreading by social gathering. To avoid the excessive epidemiological social distancing must be examined in society.
- Testing and Contact Tracing are essential for cluster detection and segmenting the outbreak of epidemic, You can distant this cluster by Smart lockdown.
- Wear mask: Mask wearing should be compulsory for all people of the society it can reduce the spread upto 80 %.
- Safe Travel should be taken into consideration and it should be coordinated by Government Regulators.
- Health Care Capacity and personnel:Business Continuity Plans should be strictly imposed on organization,So Business can function properly and Government should again impose emergency in hospitals and prepare specially trained Personnels to fight against COVID-19.
- Pandemic Fatigue and mental health:Pandemic Fatigue is a natural process but the Government should try to rejuvenate the Personnels Capacity and avoid Pandemic fatigue.
- National vaccination Strategy:national Vaccination Campaign should be launched as COVID-19 Vaccination is available in the market.The should be an Emergency around the country for Vaccination Campaign.
What to do if You Encounter COVID_19:
- Know the full range of symptoms of COVID-19. The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, dry cough, and tiredness. Other symptoms that are less common and may affect some patients include loss of taste or smell, aches and pains, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion, red eyes, diarrhoea, or a skin rash.
- Stay home and self isolate even if you have minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever, until you recover. Call your healthcare provider or hotline for advice. Have someone bring you supplies. If you need to leave your house or have someone near you, wear a medical mask to avoid infecting others.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention immediately. Call by telephone first, if you can and follow the directions of your local health authority.
- Keep up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as WHO or your local and national health authorities. Local and national authorities and public health units are best placed to advise on what people in your area should be doing to protect themselves.
Pakistan health authorities are negotiating with China and Russia to procure Corona vaccine. The Prime Minister’s special assistant to health Mr,Faisal Sultan said that Corona vaccine would be available sometime between January to March to next year. He also said that there is nothing final yet,he quoted that we are not relying on only one source first we have to analyze the efficacy and safety of the vaccine then we will procure the vaccine. Russia has started the distribution of its vaccination “Sputnik V COVID-19”,China has also tested its vaccine and has started its deal with many countries.Pakistan has already earmarked an initial sum of $ 150 million to purchase the vaccine.Pakistani parliamentary secretary for health Nausheen Hamid said all the citizens would be administered COVID-19 vaccine free of charge and it frequent availability would be in second quarter of 2021.
Low literacy rate and lack of awareness leading to non seriousness of people towards the adoption of social distancing and hand hygiene. There should be an emergency dialogue between Government and opposition to avoid this natural Calamity,we should show the world that we are united for the sake of our nation.Both Government and opposition should be shown solidarity .Then masses would also respond to this otherwise we are going towards a national disaster,our economy would not bear that burden and also our national defence would be in danger.The high population density in major cities of Pakistan can facilitate in the spread of virus.Three Pronged approach of Trace Test and Treat should be aggressively implemented to avoid the community transmission leading to exponential increase in cases.